We at Thelesis Aura want all of those who participate in our online events to get the most out of the experience. So with that in mind, here are some tips and tricks for those who are embracing this new instructional technology:
- Use a computer that in good working order. Make sure it is functioning optimally and your operating system is up to date. If your computer is malfunctioning and unmaintained, there is a chance things won't work well or not at all.
- In terms of going online, it is best to use a hard line Internet connection than it is a wifi link. Some wifi links work well, but wired connections are usually faster.
- Be sure to turn off all software on your computer that you are not using. The training system uses significant resources and having things like video players or communications programs like Skype will be competing for resources and that could result in everything slowing down or crashing. Just shut off what you don't need. . . please.
- There is no need to wait until the event is scheduled to begin before signing into the system. Attendees can log in to the event up to 30 minutes beforehand, but 15 minutes ahead of time is usually enough. Sign in early, make sure all is working properly on your computer (especially audio) and wait for the host and presenter to come on.
- The system we currently use is called GoToTraining. It is VERY state-of-the-art and, more important, VERY easy to use. Most people do well with it the first time they attend one of our sessions. However, if you feel the need for further information on the ins and outs of the system, supported hardware and the like, before attending one of our events, please visit the support site at Citrix for detailed Q&A as well as instructional videos HERE. They have an excellent support operation and are available 24/7 to answer and questions users might have.